Mongolia Gobi Desert Tour (7 days Gobi and Kharkhorin)
Unveiling the Wonders of the Mongolian Gobi: 7-Day Desert Expedition
We will discover there an eternally clear sky, blue mirages, In addition to that, golden sand and boundlessly expansive steppe lands, mountain sheep, wild asses, ibexes camels and gazelles flourish here, as do different types of flora. That is the Gobi Desert of Mongolia and let’s enjoy!
2pax:$1505 per person
3pax:$1365 per person
4pax or more:$1085 per person
2pax:$1015 per person
4pax or more:$735 per person
Day 1. Mongolia Gobi Desert Tour- Erdenezuu and the Kharakhorum
The Kharakhorum was established in 1220 and was the capital city of the Great Mongolian Empire. Chinggis Khaan and his descendant Khaan Ugudei, Guyug, and Munkh lived here ruling the empire. Soldiers of the Chinese Ming Dynasty destroyed the town in the 14th Century. The ruins of Karakorum have been protected since 1961 and was named a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1996. Once we reach there, we will visit the “Erdenezuu” monastery to discover tombs, a temple, and a real Buddhist temple. After that, we will visit the Wall of the Mongolian Empire to learn information.
· Accommodation: Family Yurt or Tourist camp (L+D)
· Activities: Hiking, visiting a natural wonder and photo shooting, discover
Day 2. Ongyn Khiid monastery
We will drive to Ongyn temple; it was established in the 1760s by Bari Yonzon Khamba in a small mountainous bank area along the Ongi River. During that time, the monastery had over 1000 monks and a complex of around 30 temples. The Ongi temple is still active, but now only a few monks perform its functions.
· Accommodation: Family Yurt or Tourist camp (B+L+D)
· Activities: Hiking, visiting a natural wonder and photo shooting
Day 3. Bayan Zag – “Flaming Cliffs”
After breakfast, we will drive to next point Bayanzag; it is located near the centre of Bulgan Soum, is internationally famous for the paleontological discovery of dinosaurs remains from the Paleolithic Era that includes complete skeletons, eggs, and hatchlings of the Cretaceous Period. Dinosaurs skeletons discovered here including Protoceratops, Oviraptor and the heavily armoured Pinacosaurus that were living 70-80 million years ago. Flaming Cliffs were found in 1922 by the explorer Roy Chapman Andrews, who visited in Mongolia.
· Accommodation: Family Yurt or Tourist Camp (B+L+D)
· Activities: Hiking, visiting a natural wonder, climb up to cliffs, photo shooting and discover dinosaur eggs
Day 4. “Khongoryn Els” dunes
After breakfast, we will discover the beautiful Khongor Els Sand Dunes with an extraordinary length of 180 kilometres and 15-20 meters full lie on the northern part of the mountains of Sevree and Zuulen. The vast dunes are part of the desert zone that makes up around 3% of Mongolian territory.
· Accommodation: Family Yurt or Tourist Camp (B+L+D)
· Activities: Hiking, visiting a natural wonder, camel riding and climb up to dunes
Day5. ” Three beauty mountains” National Park (Bearded Eagle Canyon)
After breakfast, we will drive to the well know a place “Yoliin Am,” it is the narrow ice canyon of a river that flows through 2815 meters high of sea level Zuun Saikhan Mountains. The gorge sheered rocky walls with a height of about 200 meters high in the central part. This area has been protected since 1965 and has an area of 70 square kilometres. However, today “Yoliin Am” is one of the Strictly Protected Areas of Mongolia.
· Accommodation: Tourist camp or Nomadic Family (B+L+D)
· Activities: Hiking, visiting a natural wonder and horse riding
Day 6. Tsagaan suvraga and Dundgovi (ancient sea shore)
After breakfast, we will drive to our next point. With its fantastic colour combinations, Tsagaan Suvarga or “White Stupas” is one of Mongolia’s most magnificent natural wonder. It is interesting to discover the scared cliffs of Tsagaan Suvarga, facing east from a distance it looks like the ruin of an ancient town or a complex of white stupas. Over a hundred thousands of years, the wind has carved this fantastic natural wonder. The cliff is 62 meters high and 400 meters wide. Tsagaan Suvarga was a sea bottom, and its eroded cliffs are rich in fossil seashells.
· Accommodation: Nomadic Family or Tourist camp (B+L+D)
· Activities: Hiking, visiting a historical place, photo shooting and discover camel herding nomadic life
Day 7. Drive to Ulaanbaatar
Return to Ulaanbaatar city. Today we will shop at cashmere factory stores of Goyo and Gobi, the most famous cashmere brands in Mongolia. (B+L)
How to buy this Mongolia tour
Our Middle Mongolia Tours
Central Mongolia Travel (5 days)
Discover Eagle, Reindeer Mongolia Tour (15 d)
5 Days: Gobi Desert Tour
Pay with PayPal
It is easy to pay your Mongolian tour with PayPal. However, it will cost from 2.9 % + 0.3 $ per transaction.
Pay with Wise
We strongly recommend to use Wise. It is easy to use and very cheap (3-13 $) per transaction.
Pay with Golomt Bank
Golomt Bank is local of Mongolia. However, it will cost from 5 % per transaction.
Mongolia tour includes
- • Duration: 7days tour, 6 nights
• Group Size: 1-24
• Tour starting time: 08:30-09:00
• Breakfast: 08:30, Lunch: 12:00-13:00, Dinner: 17:30-18:00
• Tour ending time: 17:00-17:30
• Tour distance: Distance 2050 km
• Tour Operator: Enza Tours LLC
• Activities: Horse and camel riding, hiking, see eagle visiting Erdenezuu temple and Kharkhorin museum
Blogs about Mongolia tours
Reasons to choose Mongolian tour guide
Local tour operator
We are Mongolian local tour operator, supports local business and pay Mongolian taxes
We are running tourism business since 2018 and if something happens, we will contact you faster
You can check our itinerary online and download. If you have questions, chat with us.
We will respond your email or chat very fast and our manager will take care of your questions.
You can tell your wishes to our manager and we will modify your tour immediately.
We offer you various payment options, even you can pay cash on your tour starting day.
Here's a list of exciting activities to do in Mongolia:
1. Visit museums and palaces in Ulaanbaatar to learn about the legendary Genghis Khan and watch history unfold.
2. Play traditional games using shagai or sheep’s bones while enjoying a cup of hot Mongolian tea.
3. Go horse riding in the wilds surrounding Lake Khovsgol and explore the sweeping grasslands along with the Tsataan tribes.
4. Enjoy the beauty of the Mongolian steppe countryside from the comfortable confines of a Trans Siberian train journey.
5. Hone your eagle hunting skills in the upper reaches of the majestic Altai mountain range.
6. Witness the awe-inspiring spectacle of national patriotism on display at the Naadam festival.
7. Take in the breathtaking view of the Flaming Cliffs, a wind-sculpted sandstone at Bayanzag in the Gobi desert.
8. Hike through the Khustai National Park and look out for Takhi or Przewalski horses, a species which was once extinct but now has been re-introduced to their habitat.
Enjoy your time in Mongolia!