Eagle Hunting Mongolia Tour (5 days)
Eagle Hunting Mongolia Tour
Welcome to a unique adventure in Mongolia! Fly to Ulgii city, located in the western part of the country, where you'll have the opportunity to witness the ancient tradition of Eagle Hunting, a practice passed down through generations. Trek through the stunning Altai Tavan Bogd mountain range and immerse yourself in the beauty of Mongolia's natural landscape. Enjoy a traditional Mongolian dinner and learn about the country's rich culture. Conclude your trip by flying back to Ulaanbaatar with unforgettable memories of your time in Mongolia.
2pax: $1475 per person
3pax: $1375 per person
4pax or more:$1275 per person
Day 1: Eagle Hunting Mongolia Tour-Fly to Ulgii City.
We start on our flight towards the Mongolian Far West. We fly over the central lakes and the Western mountains, then arrive in Ulgii.
Olgii is the capital of the province of Bayan Ulgii, 1636 kilometres (1016,56 miles) from Ulan Bator and 1710 meters (1,06 mile) above the sea level. Main people living in Olgii are Kazakhs, and its atmosphere is very influenced by Central Asia: there are many signs written in Arabic. We will learn about Kazakh culture and vist the city
• Staying overnight: Hotel (L+D)
Day 2: Visit the eagle Hunters
We will drive to the eagle hunters home and see about there culture. The Eagle hunter family located 60 km far from Bayn Ulgii city. We will learn about eagle Hunter culture.
• Stay overnight Eagle hunters Home (B+L+D)
Day 3: LET'S START OUR TREK IN ALTAI TAVAN BOGD!
We will drive to the mountain “Khogno Khan” Nature Reserve. Once you reach the mountain, you will arrive at a nomadic family yurt in front of this beautiful forested rocky mountains. A mountain is a place of hundreds of birds, deer and gazelle. After we will go hiking around the area or to the small dunes nearby called “Elsen Tasarkhai”.
• 7:30-8:30 Breakfast
• 12:30 Lunchtime
• 16:00 ride a camel (visit nomadic life)
• 18:00 Dinner at the Ger camp
• 19:00 Free time
• Accommodation: Tourist camp
• Activities: Hiking, visiting a natural wonder and camel riding
• Breakfast: 08:30, Lunch: 12:00-13:00, Dinner: 17:30-18:00 (B+L+D)
Day 4: Drive back to eagle hunters family
After breakfast, we will drive to the eagle hunters family. We will see the how to hunt eagle. The family make eagle training show for us.
• Stay overnight Hotel (B+L+D)
• Stay overnight Hotel.
Day 5: return flight to Ulaanbaatar
We embark on our return flight Ulan Bator.
Arrival in town and transfer to your hotel or hostel where you can rest a few moments.
Rest of the day free. With our guide, you can go and shop in the centre of the city (B+L)
Our shorts Mongolia Tours
Mongolia 5 Day Tour
Western Mongolia Tours (5 days)
Central Mongolia Travel (5 days)
How to buy this Mongolia tour
Pay with PayPal
It is easy to pay your Mongolian tour with PayPal. However, it will cost from 2.9 % + 0.3 $ per transaction.
Pay with Wise
We strongly recommend to use Wise. It is easy to use and very cheap (3-13 $) per transaction.
Pay with Golomt Bank
Golomt Bank is local of Mongolia. However, it will cost from 5 % per transaction.
Mongolia tour includes
Transfers upon arrival and departure
English speaking guide at all times.
In the countryside, all lodging will be in ger camps and nomadic family’s Ger.
All meals are provided as stated in the itinerary.
Ground transportation: in the countryside by driven 4WD van, bus in the city area.
Park entrance fees
Horse and Camel ride
Sightseeing as per itinerary
1.5 litre of drinking water per day per person
Blogs about Mongolia tours
Reasons to choose Mongolian tour guide
Local tour operator
We are Mongolian local tour operator, supports local business and pay Mongolian taxes
We are running tourism business since 2018 and if something happens, we will contact you faster
You can check our itinerary online and download. If you have questions, chat with us.
We will respond your email or chat very fast and our manager will take care of your questions.
You can tell your wishes to our manager and we will modify your tour immediately.
We offer you various payment options, even you can pay cash on your tour starting day.
Here's a list of exciting activities to do in Mongolia:
1. Visit museums and palaces in Ulaanbaatar to learn about the legendary Genghis Khan and watch history unfold.
2. Play traditional games using shagai or sheep’s bones while enjoying a cup of hot Mongolian tea.
3. Go horse riding in the wilds surrounding Lake Khovsgol and explore the sweeping grasslands along with the Tsataan tribes.
4. Enjoy the beauty of the Mongolian steppe countryside from the comfortable confines of a Trans Siberian train journey.
5. Hone your eagle hunting skills in the upper reaches of the majestic Altai mountain range.
6. Witness the awe-inspiring spectacle of national patriotism on display at the Naadam festival.
7. Take in the breathtaking view of the Flaming Cliffs, a wind-sculpted sandstone at Bayanzag in the Gobi desert.
8. Hike through the Khustai National Park and look out for Takhi or Przewalski horses, a species which was once extinct but now has been re-introduced to their habitat.
Enjoy your time in Mongolia!